Remo 3D Release Notes
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.6
- Remo 3D now officially supports Windows 10.
- Added import and export support for the Autodesk® FBX® file format.
- Added new preset viewpoints toward the current grid, from above and below. Corresponding shortcuts are 'j' and 'J'.
- Added Plant function to the Move tool, to place the selected geometry exactly at the position clicked on other geometry.
- The pivot point is now saved at copying to clipboard and restored when pasting. This can be useful for pasting and planting multiple
- Added support for applying move, scale and rotate as transformation matrices.
- Implemented new convenient script methods for controlling of switch nodes.
- Keep node names if possible at copy-paste, adding suffix if needed.
- Polygon light mode and absolute texture paths are now better handled when importing models.
- Coordinate fields and Report Statistics fields are now selectable, so that they can be copied.
- Improved contrast for the tree view scrollbar.
- Fixed issue with mouse cursor on Linux.
- Various bug fixes and robustness improvements.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.5.1
- Added possibility for multiple paths separated by semi-colon in the REMO3D_FILE_PATH environment variable.
- Improved the folder dialog in Windows.
- Support environment (sphere) mapped models.
- Fixed issue with cutting concave polygons along grid lines.
- Fixed issue with thin textures in the Map Texture tool.
- Fixed issue with canceling Close All Models.
- Update tree view properly after reversing polygons.
- Avoid unintentional top view when pressing Ctrl+z for undo.
- Fixed issue with normal visualization always being gray.
- Fixed issue with relative texture and external reference paths.
- Fixed issue with non-existing texture mapping palette in imported models.
- Import shaded polygons correctly even if they have no color.
- Robustly warn about invalid texture files.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.5
- Implemented a new Modify UV tool, allowing for intuitive modification of a texture mapping in the texture UV space.
- Added file and folder parameter types to the macro support.
- Added Shift Far Left and Shift Far Right to move a node to the first/last position among its siblings.
- Added Select Parents and Select Children to select the parents or children of the currently selected primitives.
- Added Select Previous to select the previously selected primitive.
- Added Select Polygons By Number Of Vertices to the Selection menu.
- Remo 3D now supports export of AC3D files.
- Added a REMO3D_FILE_PATH environment variable that can be used to find textures, external references and shaders.
- Added a REMO3D_NO_LINE_FEED environment variable preventing line-feed for each log print output.
- Added a REMO3D_LOG environment variable to specify a script output log file instead of the console.
- Let selectByName and createPolygon script functions accept a table parameter.
- Split Tool now selects split and non-split polygons after the operation.
- Added shortcuts for toggling multi-texture layers.
- Updated the OpenSceneGraph support to version 3.2.1.
- Updated the Lua support to version 5.2.3.
- User interface presentation of macro parameter names is improved.
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 is now officially supported.
- Dropped support for Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista.
- Dropped import support for the Carbon Graphics GEO file format.
- Various minor fixes.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.4.1
- Fixed issue with setting local coordinate system for a matrix-transformed DOF node.
- Fixed issue with importing models with quad geometries.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.4
- Implemented new tools for moving, rotating and scaling texture maps.
- Implemented support for the Light Point System node type.
- Added a list of External References with possibility to enable and disable separate externals or disable loading of them to start with.
- Implemented a new tool for eliminating transformation matrices and modifying the coordinates beneath them accordingly.
- Added a REMO3D_IMPORT_EXPORT_OPTIONS environment variable to control OpenSceneGraph import and export options.
- Fixed issue with dongle licensing on Windows 64-bit systems.
- Fixed issue with relative texture paths becoming absolute at export.
- Fixed issue with Move To Point in the Move tool for transformed geometry.
- Fixed issue with vertices and edges in the Mirror tool with a transformed grid.
- Fixed issue with the different Next IDs in the header attributes for large models.
- Fixed issue with smearing of lines in the Map Texture tool and the texture mapping palette.
- Fixed issues with matrix-transformed geometry in the Subdivide and Simplify tools.
- Fixed issue with the Collada exporter crashing for empty polygons.
- Fixed issue with the remo.getSelectionNames script function and indexed light points.
- Fixed issue with picking rotation edge in transformed geometry.
- Fixed memory leaks related to external references.
- Various performance and stability fixes.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.3.1
- Fixed infrequent problem with negative window position after version upgrade.
- Inactive switch masks can now be edited in the Switch Attributes and the active mask is more distinctly visualized.
- The Purchase dialog is now available during an evaluation period.
- Various minor fixes.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.3
- Implemented import of attributes from ESRI Shape files, stored as comments.
- Improved the functionality of Select Sliver Polygons.
- Added selectByNumberOfVertices and selectVerticesByLocation script functions.
- Added setTolerance and getTolerance script functions.
- The reportStatistics script function will now return zeroes instead of nil if there are no results.
- Various stability fixes.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.2
- OpenSceneGraph's new native OSGB, OSGT and OSGX file formats are now supported for import and export.
- Added integration with VBS2 from Bohemia Interactive Simulations by supporting import and export of the P3D file format.
- Implemented 64-bit support in both Windows and Linux.
- Added automatic near/far calculation, improving the support for large terrain models.
- Improved support for using the node-locked license with inactive network adapters.
- Changed mouse cursor depending on current model view control.
- Added functionality for selecting sliver polygons.
- Two new sample models from EdgedSign have been bundled with the Remo 3D installation.
- Added free scripts and macros as samples.
- Fixed various stability issues.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.1
- The rendering performance of the model view has been substantially improved.
- The model view control has been improved to resemble other familiar trackball implementations.
- Added a new non-modal Sensitivity dialog, reachable from the View menu or with Ctrl+T, allowing for immediate feedback in the model view when changing the translation, zoom and rotation sensitivity.
- Added a new Multi-texture sub-menu in the View menu, allowing for enabling and disabling of which multi-texture layers that are to be visible.
- Microsoft Windows 7 is now officially supported.
- A time-limited fully functional evaluation license is now supported.
- The Stanford Triangle Format (.ply) is now supported for import.
- The 3D Studio MAX (.3ds), DOT (.dot) and StereoLithography Binary (.stl) formats are now supported for export.
- New sample models from Simthetiq Inc. and cantaloupe|3d have been bundled with the Remo 3D installation.
- Textures not found at import of models are now added to the palette anyway.
- The animation sequence attributes of group nodes are now fully supported.
- The previous expression is now kept in the Select By Attributes dialog. A Clear button has also been added. Drop-down menu values are presented as strings and not numbers.
- Added a REMO3D_SCRIPT_CONFIRMATION environment variable for avoiding command-line script confirmations.
- All types of palettes are now merged correctly when copying nodes between models.
- Indexed light points are now converted to inline light points when saving to an OpenFlight format before 15.8.
- Texture memory consumption has been reduced.
- Fixed issue with pressing and releasing Ctrl/Shift while controlling the model view.
- Eliminated risk for collision with different OpenSceneGraph version.
- Normals are now created by default in the Create Light Point tool, which will allow for just rotating them when setting light points to be uni-/bi-directional.
- Improved the accuracy of the visualization of vertex selections.
- Improved finding of external references with Windows/Linux paths and relative to the parent file path.
- Increased the ambient light default from 0.0 to 0.2 to achieve brighter default visualization.
- Improved window resizing with multiple screens.
- Align To Grid is now default in the Create Disk tool.
- Zoom Viewpoint To Model is now off by default in the preferences.
- Improved support for importing of screen coordinate limited levels of detail.
- Fixed issue with all externally referenced nodes from the same external model being hidden even if they are beneath different parents or levels of detail.
- Fixed issue with fitting the view to light point vertices.
- Fixed issue with invisible node stems in the tree view.
- Fixed issue with certain imbedded textures not being imported correctly.
- Fixed issue with tree view scroll moving forward at each focus change.
- Fixed issue with erroneous light point attributes.
- Fixed issue with Soft Selection for matrix-transformed geometry.
- Fixed issue with files having no vertex palettes.
- Fixed issue with displaying alpha textures in texture palette.
- Fixed issue with applying color, material, texture, texture mapping and shader to sub-faces (polygons beneath polygons).
- Fixed issue with creating General Matrix transformation matrices.
- Fixed issue with simultaneous splash screen and progress bar.
- Fixed issue with fitting view to selection of matrix-transformed polygons.
- Fixed various stability and memory consumption issues.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.0.1
- Added freeze parameters to the remo.move script command.
- Fixed performance issue when changing focus between the tree view and the model view.
- Fixed issue with triangulating complex polygons with the Split tool.
- Fixed issue with editing of texture coordinates in vertex attributes.
- Fixed issue with editing of u,v values in the Map Texture tool.
- Fixed issue with visualizing selection of light points transformed with multiple transformation matrices.
- Added /INSTDIR switch to the installation file, allowing for command-line automatic installation.
- Added installation description to the user's guide and help.
- Fixed issue with lingering wait cursor after attempt to isolate edges.
- Fixed issue with selecting by the Billboard/Alpha attribute.
- Fixed issue with fitting a model in the view; this now produces the same view as fitting to the header selection.
- Fixed various stability issues.
- Improved OpenFlight compability.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v2.0
- Added script support for all available functionality.
- Added support for recording all operations to a script.
- Added macro support which lets you put a script with parameters in the Remo 3D menu, effectively extending Remo 3D with your own tools. Simple macro samples are included.
- Improved the appearance and functionality of the graphical user interface.
- All tools, selection modes, shifting of nodes and other miscellaneous operations can now be reached from the menu as well.
- Added a new Subdivide tool which lets you increase the detail level of a geometry.
- Added gizmos to Move, Rotate, Scale and Extrude tools. Gizmos provide user-friendly handles that will make geometry transformation easier.
- Added soft selection mode to the Move, Rotate and Scale tools. This allows for creating soft shapes when transforming geometry.
- Added snapping to Move Rotate and Scale tools.
- All palette operations now respond to undo/redo.
- Added Report Differences that compares selected geometry with geometry in the clipboard or in a separate OpenFlight file.
- New explicit tools for applying, reading and removing texture mappings and shaders.
- Added possibility to move all selected primitives to the same coordinate (Move To Point in the Move tool).
- Completely new built-in help system.
- Improved the user's guide to be more comprehensive.
- Added small feature culling for improved performance.
- Added support for the 3D Connexion Space Navigator.
- Added a Clear button to the Switch Attributes.
- The text boxes in Grid Spacing and Grid Offset will now be focused by default, with the current value selected. Return or Enter will work as shortcuts for the Apply button. This simple change will make the process of changing the grid offset or spacing much easier.
- The grid will now keep its general alignment when indicating two new points with Align To Vertices, making it easy to create e.g. a vertical grid through two points by starting with a XZ or YZ grid.
- Remo 3D now fully supports Microsoft Windows Vista.
- Added support for importing OSG proxy nodes as external references.
- Added support for OpenFlight continuation records.
- Select By Name now supports searching for vertices and edges.
- New file dialog in Windows.
- Added crease angle in Shade tool.
- Added possibility to change the names of shaders.
- Added possibility to remove shader program paths.
- Shader program files can now be found in the same path as where the model file resides.
- Made vertex numbers consistent and readable.
- Remove Texture will now remove multi-textures as well.
- Fixed issue with Remove Unused in the Texture Palette removing used multi-textures.
- Fixed issue with combined hiding and shrinking of geometry.
- Fixed issue with wait mouse cursors at tool execution.
- Fixed issues with attribute names in Select By Attributes.
- Fixed issue with undo/redo for changing attributes on multiple nodes.
- Fixed issue with attributes on switch nodes with long names.
- Fixed issue with texture layer not being reset between viewing polygon attributes and vertex attributes.
- Fixed various issues with stability, performance and memory consumption.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.4.7
- Added support for floating licenses.
- Fixed problem with importing models including transformations.
- Fixed problem with zooming to matrix-transformed light points.
- Fixed issue with reverting nested external references.
- Fixed problem with overriding palettes in external references.
- Fixed problem with relative texture paths in Windows.
- Fixed issue causing vertex colors to be reset in the Shade tool.
- Improved performance for applying color, texture and material.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.4.6
- Implemented visualization of DDS images in the texture palette as well
as in the Face Attributes and the Map Texture tool.
- Added possibility for vertical flipping of DDS and PNM textures.
- Alpha sorting for transparent DDS textures with the face attribute
Billboard/Alpha set to Fixed/Alpha will now work as expected.
- Added possibility to import 3D models from the remo3d command line and
via drag and drop. This was previously only supported for OpenFlight
- Imported and exported files will now be added to the Open Recent list
available from the File menu. This was previously only supported for
- The header nodes of imported 3D models will now be named according
to the original file name.
- Fixed various issues related to external references, e.g. program
crash when exporting external references, comments not working on
external reference nodes and switch nodes in newly created external
references not working properly.
- Fixed issue preventing right-shift of multiple sibling nodes.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.4.5
- Added Change Parent to the Edit menu (also reachable with Ctrl+R)
for moving selected nodes to the current parent.
- Added Set Parent to the Edit menu as well, previously only reachable
from the parent button.
- Improved performance and memory consumption when using external
- Fixed issue with updating the visibility of nodes created beneath and
moved in and out from switch nodes and sequence group nodes.
- Improved performance when deleting nodes.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.4.4
- Added a new Capture Screen function that saves the current viewport
to an image file (JPG, PNG, SGI, TIF or XPM).
- Normals can now be visualized for directional light points with the
Show Normals functionality.
- The performance for tree view operations has been improved.
- Light point back color is now visualized.
- Added a new preference that controls whether the Save command writes
a model with the latest supported OpenFlight version (16.2) or with
the version that the model has on disk.
- USB dongles are now supported in Windows XP Professional x64 Edition.
- Fixed problem with reversed order of transformations created by the
Apply Transformation Matrix tool. Models having this erroneous matrix
order are automatically fixed when opened in Remo 3D v1.4.4.
- Fixed problem with Rotate About Edge transformations. Models having
erroneous Rotate About Edge transformations are automatically fixed
when opened in Remo 3D v1.4.4.
- Fixed issue causing program crash when reverting multiple external
references to the same model.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.4.3
- Fixed problems with sporadic crashes in Search By Attributes and
in the Slice tool.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.4.2
- Fixed problem with saving when attributes are shown.
- Fixed memory consumption issue when closing models.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.4.1
- Fixed problem with retrieving USB dongle devices.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.4
- Added a new tool called Simplify. This tool will let you reduce the
number of polygons in a geometry. This can e.g. be useful for creating
realtime models out of CAD models, or for creating levels of detail.
- Added support for exporting to the Alias Wavefront OBJ file format.
- The Map Texture tool now supports 4-point texture mapping.
- Added support for a texture mapping palette containing 3-point,
4-point, cylindrical and spherical texture mappings. This allows
for reusing the same texture mapping on different polygons, e.g. in different levels of detail.
- Added support for a shader palette containing shader programs
for OpenGL Shading Language or Cg. These shaders can be connected
to separate polygons.
- Added support for a light point palette containing light point
appearances and animations. Indexed light points referring this
palette can be created with the Create Light Point tool.
- Added Revert Textures to the File menu, as well as Refresh to the
texture palette View menu.
- Added preferences for automatic reloading of textures, external
references and shaders.
- The OSG/IVE import now supports PagedLOD nodes.
- Corrected bug causing all levels of detail to be visible in newly
created or externally referenced LOD nodes.
- Added support for the MIRROR texture wrapping mode as well as the
ADD texture environment mode.
- Improved support for multi-texture in Search By Attributes.
- A polygon's material is now directly visualized when modifying the
attributes of a polygon with the Apply Attributes tool.
- Corrected transparent material visualization in the material
- Improved drag and drop functionality for OpenFlight files into
Remo 3D in Linux and in the Windows demo version.
- Fixed various stability issues.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.3.1
- Added support for use of USB dongle under SuSE 10.2.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.3
- Added support for opening and saving OpenFlight versions from 15.7
up to and including 16.2. Models can be converted between the
different versions. This doesn't mean that visualization and
modification of all features in these versions is supported, but
when loading or saving an existing OpenFlight file containing these
features, they will not be removed or modified. They will also be
visible as undefined nodes in the tree view.
- Added possibility to select primitives by their attributes through the
new Select By Attributes from the Selection menu.
- Added support for showing DOF coordinate systems and defining them by
clicking in the model view.
- Added support for replication of group, polygon and light point nodes. This implies full support of light point strings, commonly used as
- Added support for instances.
- Added possibility to control the scale and color of normals in
the viewport preferences. Normals can also be visualized only for
the current selection.
- External references are now cached so that the same externally
referenced model is loaded only once per model.
- Textures are now automatically updated if they are changed on disk.
- Suppression of multiple identical warning messages are now per session
instead of per model.
- Added possibility in the preferences to control whether setting the
viewpoint to top, bottom, left, right, front or back should zoom to
the model's extent or not.
- By holding shift, scrolling with the mouse wheel in the model view can
now be performed in finer steps.
- When selecting the nearest polygon by clicking in the model view, a
polygon facing the viewer is now selected before polygons at the same
distance facing away.
- Changed the visualization of texture clamping (as opposed to
repeating) to the expected behavior (clamp-to-edge).
- Fixed issues with LOD visualization in newly created external
- Fixed issues with the Preview DOF functionality.
- Fixed issues with the hiding and unhiding of nodes.
- Fixed issues with extruding concave polygons.
- Fixed issues with importing multiple MD2 files.
- Fixed various memory leaks and stability issues.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.2.2
- DDS textures can now be loaded into the texture palette. They will be
visible in the model view but since they're compressed the texture
palette will show a generic "DDS" image.
- When importing IVE models with compressed textures, the textures will
now be written to disk as DDS images.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.2.1
- Fixed USB dongle compatibility issues in Linux.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.2
- The rendering performance has been substantially improved.
- Import capability has been added for the following file formats:
- 3DC Point Cloud (.3dc)
- 3D Studio MAX (.3ds)
- AC3D (.ac)
- COLLADA (.dae)
- Designer Workshop (.dw)
- Autodesk® DXF (.dxf)
- Carbon Graphics GEO (.geo)
- LightWave® (.lwo / .lws)
- Quake Character Models (.md2)
- Alias® Wavefront OBJ (.obj)
- OpenSceneGraph ASCII (.osg)
- OpenSceneGraph Binary (.ive)
- OpenSceneGraph Archive (.osga)
- Performer (.pfb)
Note: For the Performer import file format to work, OpenGL Performer
must be installed on the computer running Remo 3D.
- StereoLithography Binary (.stl)
- StereoLithography ASCII (.sta)
- ESRI Shape (.shp)
- Direct X (.x)
- Export capability has been added for the COLLADA file format.
- Adjacent polygons having the same attributes can now be combined with
the new Merge Tool.
- By default, only the first child beneath a sequence group node is now
- Visibility for children beneath sequence group nodes and switch nodes
can now be manually changed by hiding, isolating and unhiding them. They won't be reset to their actual visibility status until the next
apply of attributes for the parent node. Changing to another LOD level
will e.g. not change their visibility status.
- Multi-texture coordinates can now be edited in the Apply Attributes
- Drag-and-drop functionality is now supported for file names including
- Multi-textured geometry is now fully supported by the Split, Slice,
Revolve and Extrude tools.
- Fixed various minor bugs.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.1
- USB dongles are now supported with a special license available for
purchasing. This makes it possible to use the same license on more
than one computer.
- The UV texture coordinates for the three points used in the Map
Texture tool can now be edited graphically by moving the three points
in texture space.
- Vertex numbers can now be visualized next to the vertices.
- Drag-and-drop of OpenFlight files into Remo 3D is now supported
in Windows XP/2000 and Linux.
- Several OpenFlight models can now be opened simultaneously (via the
open dialog or the command line).
- Added convenient buttons for aligning the grid to the XY/XZ/YZ
planes instead of having to go through the viewport menu.
- Grid Spacing and Grid Offset can now be controlled from non-modal
dialogs which can stay open while working with the model.
- Concave polygons can now be triangulated with the Split tool.
- Node names are now shown in the status bar when the mouse cursor is
located over a node in the tree view.
- The grid on/off status is now visualized by a small grid symbol in the
top left corner of the viewport.
- The contents of the tree view can now be moved by clicking and
dragging Ctrl + Right mouse button and zoomed by clicking and dragging
Shift + Right mouse button, in the same manner as in the viewport.
- For the node-locked license, the user can now choose which network
adapter the hardware fingerprint should be based on.
- The frustum calculation for the orthographic view has been improved, e.g. making it react to the field-of-view setting.
- The relative texture path functionality has been improved.
- The performance in various parts of the program, e.g. when applying some of
the tools, has been improved.
- Fixed various stability issues, avoiding possible crashes.
- The command list is now constantly centered on the latest command and
visualized more clearly.
- Added possibility to control the number of undoable commands
remembered, in order to avoid using up memory.
- The "Save As" dialog will now start in the folder where the currently
open model resides.
- Fixed missing textures and geometry in OSG/IVE export.
- Fixed problems with double node names when copying and pasting
geometry from other models.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.0.1
- Implemented possibility to suppress further OpenFlight version
messages for a model - useful e.g. for models with many external
- Implemented threaded progress bar for Revert Externals.
- Corrected loading of textures with relative paths.
- Fixed various memory leaks.
- Implemented mouse wheel zooming in the viewport.
- Corrected handling of long node names, sometimes causing crashes.
- Improved mouse wheel scroll in the tree view, allowing for wheel
scroll with the mouse cursor located on a node.
- Corrected shortcut behavior in the tree view, preventing the sporadic
need for pressing e.g. Delete or 'v' twice.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v1.0
- Added a tutorial including a PDF document as well as a number of
textures and models in the new tutorial folder.
- Changed behavior of the different creation tools with temporary
graphics showing the appearance of the geometry and actual creation
when the Done button is clicked (or ENTER key is pressed).
- Made Preview DOF dialog non-modal.
- Allow a node name to be reused after cut or delete.
- Added functionality for expanding to vertices in the tree view by
- Improved performance of paste operations.
- Adjusted the behavior in several tools and selection functionality to
fit matrix- or DOF-transformed geometry.
- Stabilized functionality for finding the Application Data folder in
Windows in order to read and write the Remo 3D settings file.
- Improved selection by intersection (rather than box selection) so
that a node of the current selection type is selected even if it is
located beneath other geometry.
- Added P or O letter in the top right viewport corner to indicate
perspective or orthographic mode.
Release Notes for Remo 3D v0.8
- Added support for multi-texturing in Map Texture and polygon
- Added Preview DOF to View menu. This lets you preview the behavior
of a DOF node.
- Added DOF origin, point on X axis and point in XY plane to DOF
- Added ENTER shortcut for the Done button in Create Polygon, Create
Disk, Create Sphere and Create Light Point.
- Added a sample OpenFlight model in the new samples folder.
- Added tooltips to tree view nodes.
- Added 'd' shortcut for Grid Offset.
- Added Show All LODs to the View menu. This option shows all LODs
- Turned command list upside-down to present the latest command at the
top of the list.
- Added Convert To N/A to preferences. This lets you convert N/A
values to zero in DOF origin, point on X axis and point in XY plane
as well as in the from-point of a translating matrix transformation.
- Increased buffer size for Application Data folder registry entry to
avoid failure when reading setting file.
- Improved performance of texture palette modifications.
- Avoid window being placed outside the screen in Windows.
- Added OpenFlight version checks to avoid crashes with older versions.
Back to top